Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First days of school




***This post was written but never published... **** so here it is now.. :-)

A lot of firsts the last two weeks..

Cara,my oldest started Middle School last Monday. The previous Thursday, she had school orientation. As she left that day, she had a lot of nerves but by the time she arrived back home she had her locker number and combination memorized, and her schedule memorized as well. On Friday, we went up to GMS and walked her schedule and dropped off all of her supplies and decorated her locker!

She completed her first week of classes with quite excitement. I am confident that she is going to have a great year.

This week, I sent my boy off to his first day of preschool. I purchased a Buzz and Woody backpack and lunch box for Caleb. He is so in love with Toy Story. Once he saw, his backpack and lunchbox he could not keep his hands off of them. He walked around the house all morning carrying both of them. When it was time to go, he carried them to car and was insistent that he hold them in his lap. He knows the word "backpack" and said it over and over until they were safe and secure in his little hands.

When he arrived, he walked in a little hesitantly and then grabbed my finger to go with him to play. Caleb then got engaged in a toy and I sneaked out the door to go to the "parent meeting". As I sat down at the "Mourning and Muffins Meeting", the lady next to me was clearly upset as tears fell down her cheeks. I had those same feelings with Cara, but must admit I was excited..five hours of "ME" time.

Caleb had a great first day and Cara has had two great weeks! Here's hoping that the weeks continue on the same path.








post signature

No comments: