Sunday, November 8, 2009

God Hunt...

This past weekend, I was able to get away from the hustle and bustle and go only 30 minutes away from my home to our Ladies Fall Retreat. Our speaker was Nancy Sebstain-Meyer. It was a great time of refreshment and renewal and recommitment.

One of the things that really spoke volumes to me this weekend was that in God's vocabulary there is no such thing as coincidence. God orchestrates all things for His Good. He is not controlling but controls all things.

Nancy requested that we think over the last 7 days and think about how God had worked in our lives. For those of us who know Christ, God is with us every day. You really don't have to look far to see his hand at work. But you do have to LOOK!!!

On Saturday, we divided up and went into breakout sessions on different topics. My breakout session was "Keeping Christ in Christmas" led by Kelli . As any Mom knows, it is hard to get away on a Saturday at anytime of the year because we are all so involved in our kids sports. As our session began, Kelli received a text she apologized but read it to us all. It said that her youngest daughter, Kelsi who is 8, had struck out when she went to bat. Kelsi had played softball all year long and had not hit the ball once. Kelli also shared that the coach had not been very encouraging. Kelli not only wanted Kelsi to hit the ball for the game, but more so for her confidence. As Moms we understood and shared our hearts with her. My friend, Sheri spoke up and said, "Let's pray for Kelsi and that she would hit that ball". Sheri prayed. We went on with our session and toward the end. Kelli received a text again that Kelsi had hit the ball and got a RBI. We immediately gave God the praise and honor that only He deserves. You see this was no coincidence. This was God!

God cares about everything that is important to us. This is not a new concept for me, but one which I needed to be reminded of. Nothing is too small to bring to the feet of Jesus.

This story of Kelsi is only one of many examples I could tell. Nancy, our speaker, had asked us to make a list of our God Hunt. As I truly looked over my past week, I was able to think of over 30 different times I had seen God in my life. I am now on a hunt. Each day it is my goal to truly look for God and where he is working.

May I encourage you to do your own God hunt? Where do you see God? He is at work in the lives of his children and in our world.



post signature

No comments: